I had a lovely surprise during this mainly rainy week here in the UK. Lyndsey of The Happy Book Blog nominated my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award! So I’m delighted to accept and share the love.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peers recognition award for bloggers who inspire readers by promoting positivity and bringing joy.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or blog site.
Here are my answers to Lyndsey’s – Eleven Questions –
1. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be? – To cure all MEcfs sufferers of MEcfs and any related illnesses.
2. What is your favourite movie? – Ooh, now that is a toughie. It’s between Emma Thompson’s screenplay adaptation of ‘Sense & Sensibility‘, ‘Love Actually‘, ‘She’s the Man‘ and ‘The Abyss‘. I’m sensing a theme with some of the actors!
3. Do you have a pet? – Yes. A 15 year old Goldfish, adopted as part of the process of becoming empty nesters. I’ll be charging our young folk for a tank, water & fish food! Or should I be charging the PTA! 😂 I also share life with a beautiful Sighthound who has first dibs on every bed in the house!
4. Do you believe in ghosts? – No. Unless of course you’re referring to the Holy Ghost [Holy spirit], then it’s a resounding YES! 😆
And the recent series ‘Ghosts‘ on the Beeb based on ‘The Horrible Histories’ characters is hilarious.
5. What do you think about climate change? – We urgently need to act to reduce its impact.
6. Stay in or go out? – Depends on my energy levels. So generally stay in, or go sit in the garden.
7. What three words best describe you? – Humorous, Optimistic and a bit Firey.
8. Cosy nights or hot summer days? – Both. But maybe not the 30°C that the UK experienced last summer minus access to AC.
9. Do you believe in love at first sight? – Yes. I fell in love with my houndie the first second she peeped her little face round our front door! 😁
10. What annoys you? – Chocolate wrapped in plastic, people not believing MEcfs is real, and most politicians. So I guess they’re all one in the same!
11. If you had three wishes, what would they be and why? – To be able to travel with my husband to visit our young folk, to sing and dance again, and to have my physical strength back to take my *houndie for a lovely long field walk. Why? – Because MEcfs has robbed me of all three and much, much more.
*I have fab doggo walkers who do this for me just in case you were worried about my houndie’s waist line!😅
I am so happy to nominate the following 11 (well actually 12, oops) lovely blogs -⤵
If you’re not familliar with these lovely blogs, why not pop by and say hi!☺
And my questions to you are –
1. What prompted you to start blogging?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What is your best performing blog post so far?
4. If you were on the beach would you head for the beach bar or collect shells for your sand creation?
5. Are you joining the fight against plastic pollution and how?
6. Name one thing that makes you smile?
7. Do you like musicals & do you have a favourite?
8. Are you a flipflop or wellie kind of person?
9. Is there anything you don’t like about social media?
10. What’s one of your favourite characteristics in a person?
11. What’s better, a superb summer sunset or a crisp starry night sky?
I hope you can take part, but absolutely no pressure. Looking forward to reading your responses.
My thanks again to Lyndsey of The Happy Book Blog for the nomination. A really lovely surprise, and a lot of fun taking part.
And as we say in my neck of the woods – ‘laters’ [with an almost silent T!]
Thanks so much for popping by and have a blessed day.🌸
My sincere apologies if the song link ‘The Sun Has Got His Hat On‘ I had originally attached in this blog post has caused any offence. I did not realise that there was a certain word included in the lyrics, which should never be used in any context, until having listened to it again yesterday. My comments about the song did not in any way refer to the offensive word. My apologies once again if inclusion of the song has caused any of my readers offense.